Civil engineers are rightfully proud of their legacy. We are not only master builders but also environment stewards, innovators and integrators, managers of risk and uncertainty, and leaders in shaping public policy. In this continuous endeavour for the service to humanity we cannot rest on our laurels. Have we reached our potential? Is there more that we can offer? Development need not result in compromised and depleted environment. Who can ensure that? To answer these calls civil engineers realize that they must increasingly transform themselves from designers and builders to project life-cycle “sustainers.” What we do affects communities of people and not only the present lot but also the future generations.
ASCE-VIT welcomes you all to its 2nd international conference on sustainable energy and built environment where you will get a chance to present your research and ideas to industrialists and academicians. We provide you with a global platform to exchange knowledge and also give you an opportunity to meet brilliant minds from India and abroad who are committed towards building a better tomorrow. You also have an opportunity to publish your work in the International Journal of Science and Technology (Anna University Annexe). So discover your inner "sustainer" and join us in our endeavour to contribute our bit to the society.
Call For Papers
Students, Academicians, Professionals, Scientists from R&D Organizations, Professionals from Govt and Public Sector Undertakings are invited to contribute papers and participate in the conference.
Who Should Attend
- Civil Engineering Students
- Civil Engineering Teaching Faculty
- Research Scholars and Students
- Practicing Engg. in Govt. and Public Sector Undertaking
Themes Of Conference
- Pavement materials characterization and design
- Sustainable transportation planning
- Pavement maintenance and rehabilitation
- Traffic information system
- Multi-modal transportation systems
- Public transportation
- Transit oriented development
- Water treatment and water reuse
- Environmental biotechnology
- Biofilms:Microbial ecology
- Bioremediation of environmental contaminants
- Biotransformation and fate of the environmantal contaminants
- Air quality, air pollution
- Sustainable environment
- Environmental Geotechnics
Building Materials and Structural Engineering
- Mechanics of composite materials
- Durability issues in structures
- Structutal Damage Mitigitation
- Infrastructure management and rehabilitation
- Structural dynamics and control
- Structural system identification and damage detection
- Earthquake engineering
- Reinforced cement concrete and pre-stressed concrete
- Energy and environmental impacts of infrastructure system
- Advances in Bridge Design
- Advances in pre-stressed concrete
Water Resources Engineering
- Hydrological processes in natural and urban environment
- Flow instability and turbulance
- Surface and Ground Water Interactions
- Water Resources Planning and Management
- Soil and groundwater remediation
- Soil structure interaction
- Geo hazard - Slope stability
- Ground improvement techniques
Advances in Civil Engineering
- Advanced computational methods in civil engineering
- Geospatial Technology in Sustainable & Built in Environment
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Software applications of structural elements
- Automated Geometric Information Retrieval
- Construction Technology and Management
Last day for submission of full paper : 10th February 2016
Acceptance of paper : 15th February 2016
Last date for registration : 20th February 2016
Conference dates : 10th-12th March 2016
Research Scholars/ Students : 6,500.00
Delegates from Academic Institutions : 8,000.00
R&D Industry/ Corporate executives : 10,000.00
Foreign delegates : 400.00
The delegate fee includes:
- Access to all conference sessions
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on all three days as per the conference programme
- Delegate conference package including conference kit and electronic copy of the conference proceedings.
Delegates who are not presenting papers can also register for attending the conference at a rate of ₹ 4,500 that includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on all 3 days and conference kit.
Selection of Papers
The papers will be reviewed by experts in the respective field and papers will be selected for either oral or poster presentation.
Selected peer reviewed papers will be a published in any one of the following Scopus indexed (part of Anna University Annexure II) journals
- Indian Journal of Science and Technology
- Pollution Research
- International Journal of Earth Science and Engineering
*To be published in above journal at least an author of the accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the rate specified.
Under each theme the best paper will be selected by a panel of experts and honoured with certificate of merit.
Delegates are responsible for making their own arrangements for travel and accommodation. Few rooms are available in VIT guest house in first come first serve basis.
Double bedded A/C Room : Rs.3000.00/person/day (24hrs basis)
Four bedded A/C Rooms : Rs.800.00/person/day (24hrs basis)
Dormitory : Rs.300.00/person/day (daily basis)
Guidelines For Submission Of Papers
Papers should be prepared with the following format :
- The papers should be in double column layout
- Font Type : Times New Roman
- Title : BOLD 14pt, TITLE case. Leave a line after the title
- Abstract : 12pt, Small case, not more than 200 words
- Body Text : 12pt, Small case
- Headings : Headings 12pt, Upper case and Bold
- Sub Headings : 12pt, Bold, Lower case
- Line spacing : 1.5
- Tables/Graphs/Figs Titles : 10pt, Numbered and Labelled and placed in the relevant place in the body of the text.
- Number of pages should not exceed 8
- Electronic submissions in MS word format can be mailed to the convenor, to the email : email@example.com
Deadlines and Guidelines for Poster Presentation
Once you have been notified of acceptance, you will need to be aware of the following details:
- You are responsible for transporting your completed poster to the conference venue. We will notify the exact location for display of posters to you in advance of the conference.
- Posters should be ready for display by the morning of second day of the conference.
- The venue will provide an appropriate display board and table for each of the posters.
- The size of posters should generally be of a standard A1 paper size – approximately 23.4 × 33.1 inches or 594mm x 841mm or 59.4cm x 84.1 cm. Posters should be portrait (not landscape) layout.
- Scissors, tape, thumb tacks/ pins, staplers, etc. will be available on-site for you to mount your poster.
- Poster Presenters are required to be in attendance during the designated poster session time. 11th March 2016 Friday (2nd Day of ICES’16) 9:00 AM
- Posters must be removed after the completion of Poster presentation session.